Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Away, Away

Well not quite....
Bangkok airport intervened in what should have been a 29 hour trip to Amman (Jordan) had an extra 12 hours added on.
I've always thought long haul international travel was the 10th layer of hell, so was quite happy to get upgraded to business class for the leg to Hong Kong - the individual beds and latest series of Dr Who kind as well! But that was to end, rather ubruptly with a stop in Bangkok. I didn't even know I was going via Bangkok until we landed and the crew said, "umm dunno how long we are going to be here, maybe we will leave again soon". 12 hours later we left - it could have been much worse.

There was an ugly Australian on the flight who insisted on yelling at the Thai ground staff, who also had no idea what was going on, and was really the most obnoxious person I've had the misfortune to deal with in recent times. I'd had enough of his bellyaching after a while and told him off - I had a good yell at him and felt much better after that.
I'd rather not relive the rest of the flight, had very stinky Sudanese guy next to me, crying and screaming toddlers a few rows back and a guy behind me who insisted on bringing up his flem every 5 minutes. The less said about the flight the better.

No comments: